The White Horse pub in Heathrow, a small Inn nestling among the houses in Longford Village, was reputed to have been built in 1534 as a Smoke House for curing meat.
In 1601 it underwent construction and became an Inn an important place of call for travellers along the Bath Road which in those days, was the main road from London to Bath.
The bricked-up windows of The White Horse recall the window tax, which was introduced in 1696 and not repealed until 1851.
Heathrow Airport started in 1929 as a small airfield on land southeast of the hamlet of Heathrow. Development of the whole Heathrow area as a very big airfield started in 1944, stated to be for long-distance military aircraft bound for the far east. But by the time the airfield was nearing completion, World War 2 had ended. The government continued to develop the airfield, as a civil airport, known as London Airport and later Heathrow.